Do you want to start a small online shop with low investment? Are you searching for the best online store building platform? Here in this post, we put a step-by-step guide for starting an online shop with a small investment.
Nowadays, starting a small eCommerce is not a big deal. Even sometimes a small eCommerce comes as more profitable than a large scale eCommerce. In addition, a small online business gives a better break even and ROI than a big online retail.
Any individual can start a small online store with a small investment. Whether you have already a retail business and you want to sell products online or you want to start an online selling business both are possible here. There are several online store builders, you can find online. However, you will need to evaluate first your specific requirements.
Some of the most importance considerations are your product range, the target demographic, catering areas etc. In addition, you will need to check the fees structure and available features of the eCommerce platform.
Offline Retail Vs Online Shop
- For opening a brick & mortar shop, you will need to secure a good retail location. And it demands a lot of upfront cash investment. Whereas, you don’t need to have a retail location in an online store. So, an online shop eliminates the cost involved in taking the space.
- You can start and operate an eCommerce without staffing. However, it is just impossible in an offline retail business.
- You can scale up an online shop at any moment of time without spending much finance and energy. On the other hand, it is just impossible in offline retail business.
- Finally, you can just initiate an online store from the comfort of your home. However, it is not possible in an offline retail business.
Marketplaces Vs Your Own Online Shop
Marketplaces have customers because of their brand and the ability to invest money in promoting products. They invest heavily in marketing, infrastructure and take care of support and other important stuff. You just need to upload your products and they take care the rest issues.
However, creating a small online store requires a lot more effort. You not only sell here but also build a brand of your own You are not lost in the marketplaces with other merchants. Marketplace might be a cheap option initially but in the long run, you compromise a lot of profit when compared to selling from your own niche product based online store.
How To Start Your Own Online Shop
Choose The Right eCommerce Platform
Choosing the right eCommerce platform is the most important aspect here. However, if you want to start an online store revolving around one man operation then Shopify is the best option. Other popular alternatives are Zepo, OpenCart and Magento. However, shopify is the best for starting a niche online store involving with one or two persons.
Choose The Right Product
Choosing the right product for your niche online shop is an etremely important foctor. The success of an online store in a long run hugely depends on how much you are passionate about the product. How much you believe the product is worth buying.
Yes, selling a product that has high margins or a greater perceived value is always a killer proposition. Items that are handcrafted or personalized will carry a much larger premium whereas technology items tend to face constant margin pressure and price drops over the lifetime of the product.
Setup Your Store
Now it is time time for setting up your store. Shopify is self hosted platform with low cost pricing. Plans start from just $29/month. You don’t have to think about. Just choose one of the theme, upload products add payment gateway and you can start your operation. Every technical and back end operations including designing, development, hosting is taken care by Shopify.
Also, you can try Shopify for free. Try Shopify free from Here
Advantages of Using Shopify
- Shopify doesn’t demand demand any coding expertise. In addition, you don’t need to be a programmer to operate an online shop with Shopify.
- Scaling is easy. You don’t have to worry about switching boats when you get large, just opt for higher plan and you’re done.
- M-Commerce or Mobile Commerce is very important. And Shopify takes care everything related with these factors. All of Shopify themes are responsive and it’s checkout is optimized well for mobile devices.
- Selling your products in many places should be every bit as simple as selling in one. With Shopify’s ecommerce software, you get one unified platform to run your business with ease.
If you are really passionate about a product then starting and running an eStore is really a self rewarding business for you. Even if you have an offile retail business, offering your customers an online buying option will definitely boost your existing sells volume.